A birthday wish

Every year, one has the opportunity to blow a birthday candle or candles and make a birthday wish. May it be tradition, practice, or even just for the thought of it for some.

It has been a tradition for ( i think) everyone I know so far to blow a birthday candle and make a wish during their birthday. I for one have been doing this every single year I celebrate the day of my birth. I'm actually not quite sure as to why I've been accustomed to this and to what exact purpose I've been practicing this, force of habit I presume.

But what ever reason there may be, candle or no candle, wish or no wish, i still hope and pray for something on my annual birth anniversary. Other "wishes" actually have already come true, it took some time realizing for some though.

I would be 26 this 8th of October, and I only have one "wish" for my birthday.

It's not something tangible, nor something that another person can give me. I don't wish for something to be of my possession nor something earthly. I've actually never even "wished" for something material all my life. Usually I'd go for something like "good health", "safety", "love"... you know how the list goes, but this time it's different.

My only "wish" for this year is to be able to go back to where we all should. To where there is a promise given to me and would be fulfilled without fail. I wish for ONE THING, I wish to do the one thing that I can feel has been pushing my heart away from where I'm standing today...to offer my life and serve God...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Golden Apple

Three Meals a Day

The Hidden Beauty of Sipalay