Three Meals a Day

Waking up to the smell of breakfast is one of the main things that make me rise up from a night's sleep early in the morning, yes it is more effective than any alarm clock. Freshly cooked eggs and meat, the aroma of newly prepared hot coffee, and crisp toasts give me a slight tinge of excitement.


Little me and sister
This is like me as a child. Carefully taken care of at home, like breakfast prepared by a loving mother. Same as how the enticing aroma of breakfast would tickle my senses, everything, from minute things to gigantic creatures and structures would excite me as a child. Curiosity was my best friend, and luckily, I have a father who’s eager in teaching me and my other siblings about life, prudently preparing his delicate little daughters for the real world.


Lunch, usually eaten in schools or at work, is the second major meal of the day. Some mothers would prepare their children’s lunch and have them packed while some would prefer to have their children buy them from the canteen or cafeteria. In our case, me and my sisters would go home for lunch and relax a little up to our high school years. We would sometimes take a short nap or freshen up, preparing ourselves for the next set of classes in the afternoon. Or my mother would have deliciously prepared lunch packed if we were not able to go home.
My 18th birtday
My life as a teenager and a young adult is very similar to this meal. I grew up in a very protective yet understanding home. I’ve always been used to camping and going out of town for school activities. Our parents would still always ensure that we are properly guided and protected even if they would allow us to do these activities under the supervision of teachers. I could still remember my mother carefully packing my things and giving me instructions regarding what to wear, what to eat, what vitamins to take, and a lot more. “These clothes should be worn when you have activities outside, these should be for inside and these should be for sleeping”, my mother would tenderly instruct me. I mean who would recognize what I’m wearing if I sleep in a tent and mingle with the same people all day? But that’s what mothers do best I guess.

High school was the time when most of my friends and classmates would explore and try out things they never had the courage to do. Some people I know would start drinking, smoking, or going out with men or women sometimes twice their age. Thankfully, our parents were always there to guide us and not let us stay out late at night or hang out with the wrong kind of people. My father would always give us lessons during our “heart-to-heart” conversations, and I was always eager to listen. Ironically, they would let us camp in far places that are even sometimes dangerous but they would not let us stay overnight with friends or stay out until 12 midnight. Calling them and letting them know that we are still okay was also a must.

As a young adult now, my parents trusted me enough to discover my own life abroad. I’m able to learn things and stumble upon a few bumps along the way. I have learned and grown a lot. A few misses, but a lot of hits, thanks to the armor that was carefully crafted by my parents. Even up to now, they are still there to help me and give me their prudent knowledge in dealing with life.

So their discipline was like lunch, preferably eaten at home but if eaten outside, must be prepared with thorough love and care. Of course I was too young to understand back in high school, but at 25, I think I am doing the same with my children someday.
Pork barbeque for dinner-Mama & Papa
Anyone’s day would mostly end with a delightful meal, dinner. My house was one of those that enjoy having family dinners together. My parents would cook late in the afternoon and wait for all five of us to reach home. Most dinners were prepared with my mother or father’s special recipes and would be paired up with thirst-quenching soda or soothing tea. Dinner is the meal where in we would discuss about how each one’s day went, and my little sisters would always brag about school. It’s the time of the day where we would appreciate the company of each member of the family with a delightful meal and interesting conversations.

Hence, for me, dinner is the last stop in everyone’s life. It is the time when we have all learned what we were supposed to learn, when we have done what we were supposed to do, when we have gone to places we were supposed to go to. It is the time when we go back home and truly appreciate what should be treasured the most, our families.
My Family



So whether I skip breakfast or lunch, or eat unhealthy meals outside just to satisfy a hunger, I will always look forward to dinner. :)

Comments

yano said…
wha+ abou+ snack? +he mos+ impor+an+ meal(s) of our day... :)
DenzioDgr8 said…
haha!sssshhhh up!snacks give life a little something extra...:D

Popular posts from this blog

The Golden Apple

The Hidden Beauty of Sipalay